Football Statues No 40 (in a series of several): Dr Ferenc Springer (1863 – 1920)
Dr Ferenc Springer was, in 1899, the founder, and first chairman, of Budapest side Ferencvárosi Torna Club, or FTC for short. Hungary’s most popular club side, FTC moved to the Ulloi Ut in 1911 and it is between the goal and stand at the eastern end of the stadium that a plinth in Dr Springer’s honor was erected. The statue that sits atop the plinth is of a naked athlete, and both are all that now remain of the original stadium.
The gentleman pictured in front of the statue is Albert Florian, after whom the stadium was renamed in 2007. Florian was European Footballer of the Year in 1967 and made 339 league appearances (scoring 245 goals) for FTC between 1958 and 1974.
Picture from here.