Listed Buildings in Ipswich: No 27 Church of St Mary Whitton
St Mary’s was once the parish church of Whitton. It’s rectory still survives as do a few 18th and 19th century buildings but the hamlet was long ago engulfed by a huge housing estate as the Borough of Ipswich and its population marched northwards in the 1950’s. An area that in 1841 had a population of 422 today supports one that hovers around the 25,000 mark. More here.