Listed Buildings in Ipswich: No 6 Cabmans’ Shelter
Originally located on the Cornhill the cabman’s shelter was built in 1892. Later re-sited in Christchurch Park it was almost completed destroyed by fire in the early 1990’s. Sufficient detail remained in the building, however, for it to be completely restored by architectural woodcarver Robert Lewis. He has brought the wood structure back to life and its intricate carvings – dragons, cherubs and other beasts – are quite beautiful.